Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pineapple & Cherries Raita

I had some pineapples and cherries left over from making pineapple upside-down cake. So, I just put them together in yogurt and made a sweet and savory raita. I am a fan of sweet and savory dishes. This raita has elements of sweet, spice, salt, and tartness from the pineapple and chaat masala. Not everyone takes to these flavors. My husband was not really into it, but I really liked it. So, play with the flavors to suit a combination of your liking! Or, just toss the fruits in yogurt and enjoy as a creamy fruit salad :)



Ingredients (serves 4):
  1. 1 cup chopped pineapple
  2. 1.5 cups yogurt
  3. 12 sliced cherries (I used drained marachino cherries)
  4. 1.5 teaspoons sugar
  5. 1 teaspoon chaat masala
Preparation:
  1. Whisk sugar and chaat masala into the yogurt until smooth
  2. Add pineapples and cherries and mix. 
  3. Rest for about 30 minutes before serving. Serve with a fresh sprinkle of chaat masala

 This raita goes well with mild rice dishes and rotis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate it.