Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Eggless Mint Chocolate Chip Pie

This was my Thanksgiving Pie for last year. My husband's company organizes an annual pie contest and bake sale during Thanksgiving to give the proceedings to a local charity. This was the pie that I presented at the contest/sale and surprisingly, it won second place. I'm glad some money could be raised. I also enjoyed making the pie - it was such a welcome distraction from all the work related stress. 


I didn't want to make a pie that was involved and laborious, simply because there wasn't enough time. So I found a wonderful recipe from here and I immediately loved it. I love the combination of mint and chocolate and the recipe sounded so good and yummy, I couldn't resist it. Bonus - you don't have to bake! Just prepare the crust, freeze, prepare the filling, pour into the crust and freeze some more, that's it! 

The crust is crunchylicious - it is made from crushed mint oreo cookies and melted butter that's pressed into the bottom and sides of the pie pan.
The filling is finger licking good - cream cheese, cool whip, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk are all whipped together and laced with crunchy and cool chocolate mints
To add to everything, the pie is served with a drizzle of chocolate syrup!


How can it not be good?! Although I never got to taste the pie, the proof is in the prize it won :). I highly recommend the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate it.