Monday, October 31, 2011

Witch-Hat Cookies

Happy Halloween! We’re having a nice time handing out candies to incredibly cute kids in our neighborhood. The week before, we had a really fun Halloween party complete with traditional American-Halloween games such as Bobbing for Apples - which involves dunking your head in a tub full water to retrieve floating apples with your teeth! Anyway, I was looking around for spooky treats to prepare for the party, and decided to take a slightly easier route by trying out Giada’s yummy looking chocolate-hazelnut smooches that came out looking like adorable witch-hats - the good witch kinds ;).

Another reason why I really wanted to try this cookie was to somehow find an excuse to (buy) and use Nutella! If you haven’t tried Nutella yet, it’s a “sin”! ;). Really. How I wish my childhood had Nutella in it! That’s my only regret.

Anyway, so I followed the recipe as such. It’s a simple chocolate cookie, except the rich cream of Nutella goes into it, and the balls of cookie-dough are rolled in orange sprinkles and baked for 7-8 minutes at 375 F, following which Hershey’s chocolate kisses are placed at the center of the cookie and baked for another 3 minutes.  And you get delicious witch hats waiting to be devoured. Next time, I would probably bake smaller sized cookie balls so that the Hershey's kisses are proportional to the diameter of the cookie, making them look like realistic mini-hats.



I know, this was such a benign Halloween treat! Next year, I shall up the ante and venture into more gory-looking, spookier treats!

To make up for the lack of spookiness of the treat, here is Anand lurking as a werewolf!


2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate it.