Monday, February 13, 2012

Brownie Pie

It’s the week of chocolates and roses. Since there is a chocolate fanatic at home, I decided that he deserved a round of indulgence. I’m trying to keep up the happy and warm spirits of every occasion and festival. No harm done in breaking the monotony of the weeks with such small celebrations, right?

So, I tried a simple and basic brownie pie. No frills, no nonsense chocolate brownie with a molten center. It’s chocolately and fudgey to put a chocolate lover in a slice of heaven. It’s also not too sweet. The coffee in the recipe brings out the richness of the chocolate and adds an additional note of bitterness to the bittersweet chocolate. So, this is actually an “adult” brownie rather than a kid-friendly one. The top of the brownie is crusty and crispy while the middle is moist and gooey. Have my descriptions tempted you enough to try this?

Thanks again Ina, for yet another fool-proof recipe.


didn’t drizzle the top with chocolate ganache - even the chocoholic admitted it would be too much. I also didn't add any nuts - I just wanted pure chocolate delight.

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I appreciate it.